From the desk of Stu Harman, our support and coaching expert. In this article Stu explains how to download the BiteFX installer file from the Internet, and use the BiteFX Setup Wizard to install the BiteFX application onto your computer with your default browser set to Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Note: Click here if you would like to watch a complete, step-by-step video tutorial how to download and install your BiteFX for Windows software.
Installing BiteFX onto your computer is a two-step process:
- Download and save the BiteFX installer file from the Internet.
- Install the BiteFX software using the installer file you downloaded.
When your membership order is placed and you have accepted the BiteFX Software Subscription Agreement, you are sent a BiteFX Order Confirmation email that includes your Windows PC registration serial numbers. The email also provides a convenient link to the installer file download page, and a brief guide how to download, install and register your BiteFX software.
Before downloading the new installer file, we recommend you remove any installed BiteFX software with a version number of V1.0, V1.1, or V1.2 (Caution: Do not uninstall the older software if you want to retain its use as you will not be able to register BiteFX V1.0 thru V1.2 again if you have to re-install them).
Note: If you already have BiteFX V2.5 installed, you can upgrade the software to V3.0 using the software update process. Click here to watch our step-by-step video tutorial how to update your software.
Before you start the download, you can open your browser of choice and verify the Internet connection is working.You begin the installer file download by clicking on the link provided in the BiteFX Order Confirmation email that looks like this:
DOWNLOAD BiteFX V3.0 for Windows (this text is not linked and the version number may be different)
This will automatically open your default browser.
I’ll now describe how things look for the following browsers (click on the link for your browser – if you are using a different browser you may need to read the instructions for a couple of these browsers to figure out what to do for your browser):
- The Google Chrome browser connects to the download site and downloading begins automatically. At the lower left corner of the browser window you can monitor the download status. The time it takes to download the BiteFX installer package is primarily dependent on your Internet connection speed. The download may a while to finish as it is a large file (approximately 1.6 GB).
- Once the BiteFX installer file has finished downloading, double-click on the downloaded installer file name (the actual msi file name may be have a different version number than as shown below).
- A Windows Installer window briefly appear, followed by the BiteFX Setup dialog. Click on the "Next" button to begin installing the BiteFX software onto your computer.
- The End-User License Agreement dialog will appear. You can review the entire agreement from this dialog. When you are ready, click inside the box indicating that you accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click on "Next".
- A BiteFX Setup dialog opens to allow you to customize the way you want BiteFX features to appear, as well as where the program files will be stored. Except in unusual circumstances, we recommend you simply click on the "Next" button to install BiteFX using the default settings.
Note: BiteFX is not a server-based application. If you wish to use BiteFX on multiple computers, you must install BiteFX individually on each computer. With your membership, you receive multiple serial numbers so that you can install BiteFX on more than one computer. Additional licenses can be purchased for a modest one-time price.
- The BiteFX Setup dialog opens for you to start the installation process. Click on the "Next" button to begin installing the BiteFX software onto your computer. The installation may take several minutes to complete.
- A BiteFX Setup dialog opens that displays a status bar to indicate the installation's progress.
- When the installation is complete, the final BiteFX Setup dialog appears indicating that the BiteFX Setup Wizard has been completed. The final step of the installation process is to click on the "Finish" button.
If you do not wish to launch BiteFX automatically, uncheck the box adjacent to the text “Launch BiteFX when setup exits.”.
- Upon completion of the installation, a BiteFX shortcut icon will automatically appear on your desktop.
- BiteFX will automatically start and the "Welcome to BiteFX" dialog will appear. If you unchecked the "Launch BiteFX..." box, to start BiteFX, right-click on the shortcut icon and select "Run as administrator" from the list. Depending on your computer's configuration, a new dialog may appear asking you to allow BiteFX to run or make changes to the computer.
- Click on the "Register" button to open the BiteFX Registration dialog and register the software using the email provided when ordering BiteFX and one of the unused serial numbers provided in the BiteFX Order Confirmation email (see our blog "How to Register Your BiteFX Software" for a complete step-by-step guide).
- Click on the download link to open the Microsoft Edge browser window; you will be asked what you want to do with the BiteFX msi file.
- Click on the "Save" button to being downloading and saving the installer file to your computer's Downloads folder.
- When the file has finished downloading, you will see the dialog shown below. If you want to install BiteFX right away, click on "Run" to start the BiteFX Setup Wizard.
- The installation process continues as described with Google Chrome Steps 3-9.
- Click on the download link to open the Internet Explorer browser window; you will be asked what you want to do with the BiteFX msi file.
- Click on the "Save" button to begin downloading and saving the installer file to your computer.
- When the file has finished downloading has finished, you will see the dialog shown below. If you want to install BiteFX right away, click on "Run" to start the BiteFX Setup Wizard.
- The installation process continues as described with Google Chrome Steps 3-9.
- Clicking on the download link automatically opens the Firefox browser. A dialog box appears prompting you to save the BiteFX installer file onto your computer. Click on the "Save File" button to begin downloading and saving the file.
- At the top right corner of the Firefox browser window, a small download status bar can be seen indicating the remaining time to complete the download.
- Click on that small status bar to open a more detailed status window.
- When the download is complete, click on "Show All Downloads" to open the Firefox Library directory.
- Double click on the installer file name to begin the installation process.
- The installation process continues the same as described with Google Chrome Steps 3-9.
Download and Installation Steps Review:
- Click on the DOWNLOAD BiteFX Occlusion Animations link in your BiteFX Order Confirmation email.
- For Edge, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox, click on "Save".
- To begin the installation:
- For Google Chrome, after the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded msi file.
- For Edge, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox, after the download has completed, click on "Run".
- When the BiteFX Setup Wizard opens click on "Next".
- Review the End-User License Agreement, check the box that you agree to the terms, and click on "Next".
- When the Custom Setup window opens, click on "Next" unless you need to change the default BiteFX setup.
- When the Ready to install BiteFX window opens, click on "Next".
- When the installation process is complete, click on "Finish".
- Register BiteFX.
Note: if you prefer, you can obtain an Installation DVD from BiteFX for a nominal shipping and handling fee. Please contact BiteFX to order your Installation DVD.
If you need further assistance downloading and installing your BiteFX software, please send us an email or call us at:
International (+1) 530-582-1189
Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific time