From the desk of Stu Harman, our support and coaching expert. In this article Stu explains how to upgrade your BiteFX V2 for Windows software to BiteFX V2.5 using the standard updating process.
If you already have BiteFX V2 installed on your computer, upgrading it to V2.5 is simple and easy to accomplish using this three-step process:
- Verify that your software is updated to the latest version of V2.4
- Run the Update program to install Update #55
- Install BiteFX V2.5 with the downloaded installer file
Verify That Your BiteFX Software is Updated to V2.4
Before staring the upgrading steps, you need to make sure your software is at V2.4, with Update #54 installed. Here's how you do that.
- Start BiteFX and click on the Menu button.
- Select Updates from the menu list to open the BiteFX Update dialog.
- Click inside the box adjacent to "Show installed updates". If necessary, scroll down until you see the last installed update If you are fully updated you will see Update 54 in the list.
- If not, run the Update program until Update #54 has been installed.
Run the Update Program to Install Update 55
- If your BiteFX software was already at the latest version or you have just updated it to Update #54, when you start BiteFX next you should see the "Updates Available" alert icon over your Menu button with the number "1" inside it.
- Click inside the alert dot to open the BiteFX Updates dialog. You should see that Update #55 is either actively downloading or has already been downloaded and is ready to be installed.
- After the update has finished downloading, click on the Install updates button. You may then be asked to provide Administrator permission to proceed. If prompted to do this, click on "OK"
- BiteFX will close and a new dialog will appear showing the installation process running. When finished, you will see a message "Update complete. Please click close and restart BiteFX". Click on "Close" and re-start BiteFX when you're ready to proceed.
- Before BiteFX fully starts, you will see he following dialog with "Upgrade available".
- If you are not ready or do not wish to complete the upgrade at this time, click on "No" and BiteFX will start as BiteFX V2.4. Otherwise, click on "Yes".
- A Windows Installer screen will appear briefly, followed by the BiteFX Setup dialog.
- Click on the Next button to begin installing the new BiteFX software onto your computer.
- The End-User License Agreement dialog will appear. You can review the entire agreement here. When you are ready, click inside the box indicating that you accept the terms of the agreement and then click on Next.
- A BiteFX Setup dialog opens to allow you to customize the way you want BiteFX features to appear, as well as where the program files will be stored. Except in unusual circumstances, we recommend you simply click on the Next button to install BiteFX using the default settings.
- The BiteFX Setup dialog opens for you to start the installation process. Click on the Install button to begin installing the BiteFX software onto your computer. The installation may take several minutes to complete.
- A new dialog opens with a status bar to indicate the installation progress.
- When the installation is complete, the final setup dialog appears indicating that the BiteFX Setup Wizard has been completed. If you do not wish to launch BiteFX automatically, be sure to un-check the box adjacent to the text “Launch BiteFX when setup exits.”. The last step of the installation process is to click on the Finish button.
- Upon completion of the installation, a BiteFX shortcut icon will automatically appear on your desktop.
- You can now open BiteFX and register it using one of the unused serial numbers provided in the BiteFX Order Confirmation email.
Upgrade Steps Review:
- Verify that your BiteFX software is at version V2.4 with Update #54 installed.
- Run the Update Program to install Update #55 (this update downloads the Installer file).
- Install BiteFX following the BiteFX Setup Wizard prompts
If you need further assistance downloading and installing your BiteFX software, please send us an email or call us at:
International (+1) 530-582-1189
Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm Pacific time