From the desk of Stu Harman, our support and coaching expert. In this article Stu explains how to download and save the BiteFX installer package file, and then copy the file to a USB flash drive to install BiteFX on multiple computers.
The BiteFX software is installed onto computers using a Windows Installer Package file. The installer file includes the BiteFX setup wizard, as well as the BiteFX program and its associated files. This installer package file is usually obtained by downloading it from the Internet, although you can also order an installation DVD from BiteFX if you prefer.
The installer package is a large file, and may take 15 minutes or more to download, depending on your browser and Internet connection speed. If you’re like me, you probably don’t want to repeat the download step each time you need to install BiteFX on another computer. Fortunately, once you have downloaded and saved the BiteFX installer package file onto the first computer, you can copy that file onto a USB flash drive, and use that flash drive as your installation media.
USB Flash Drive
You can then plug your flash drive into each computer to install BiteFX without having to download the installation file from the Internet, saving you considerable time. Here is how you do it.
- Click on the link provided in your "BiteFX Order: Receipt + Important Download and Install Information" email to connect to the BiteFX installer package file download website.
- With Google Chrome, the file is saved automatically to your Downloads folder. With Edge or Internet Explorer you are given the option to Run or Save the download file. You want to select Save so the downloaded file will be saved to your computer. With Mozilla Firefox, you must select either Save or Cancel.
Google Chrome - Saves file automatically
Edge or Internet Explorer - Click on "Save"
Mozilla Firefox - Click on "Save File"
- Once the BiteFX installer package file has been saved to your computer, the next step is to simply copy the file onto to your USB flash drive. Right-click on the Windows Installer Package file name (e.g. BiteFX-3.0.19) and then select Copy.
- Browse to your USB flash drive and open its directory. Right-click in the directory window and then select Paste.
- The computer copies the BiteFX installer package onto the USB flash drive. It may take several minutes to finish copying the file. Once the installer package file has been copied, that USB flash drive can be used to install BiteFX onto any computer that has a USB port.
- To install BiteFX on the next computer, plug the USB flash drive into its USB port.
- Browse to and open the USB flash drive directory, and then double-click on the BiteFX installer package file name. This will automatically start the BiteFX setup wizard. Click on Next and then follow the prompts to install BiteFX.
If you need further assistance learning how to use a USB flash drive to install BiteFX, please contact us by email at your convenience, or by telephone Mon-Fri 8am–5pm Pacific Time:
International (+1) 530-582-1189