What does it take to be a world-influencer in the field of dentistry? An eclectic list of things I picked up.
- Carry 3" x 5" cards with you wherever you go, a) with a note of what area of life your going to do better in today, and b) to capture the ideas or information that will come to you through the day
- Pursue life with passion
- Love enthusiastically, particularly your spouse, children and grandchildren
- Ask yourself, why am I doing what I'm doing (in dentistry)? and is there a better way of doing it?
- Share your lessons with others
- Stick up for what you know is right, even when the establishment tries to shut you up
- Care deeply for your colleagues
- Take an active interest in their lives
- Find the positives in adversity and enjoy them
- Sing and make music
- Live your life with integrity
- Study and learn throughout your life
- Read fast
- Keep working on your next book even when your end is in sight
- Make daily study of the Bible a priority, putting the lessons learned into practice
- Love Jesus
If you get a chance to see a recording of the service celebrating Dr. Dawson's life, watch it! I think you'll find it will be worth it.